Thread: Sony A9 is inevitable? A99 II?

Question Sony A9 is inevitable? A99 II?

So I have been speculating in my own head about what the A9 will have for years now, and especially when the A7-series was announced. I said to myself, Sony is going to come out with a Pro A9-Series camera at some point, and the A9 label seams appropriate. I gather an A9 and an A9r perhaps? Specs will be basically the same, but "pro" on every level, meaning the cost will be notable higher than the A7-series cameras. I have heard of rumors of prototypes being tested in the field already, and I wonder if Sony decided to create a hybrid A-E-Mount camera via a sensor module that actually moves in and out? Seams crazy, and I often wonder if Sony decided to just abandon the A-Mount line for the time being as the market slowly changes to mirrorless. It seams like Canon and Nikon are finally starting to offer decent mirrorless cameras, so will Sony offer an New A99 A-Mount camera? I'm not really sure if the market demand is high enough anymore..

Do you think Sony will come out with an even more expensive A9 series e-mount camera?

What about a 1" sensor E-Mount camera for the killer 2.72X Crop factor effect? Now that would be a great long reach camera using current e-mount lenses, and I think the potential for sales is very high! I would want one just for those long reach occasions, and the new 1" Exmor RS Sensor is awesome! Serious Micro 4/3rds competition and RX Technologies could all be incorporated like the RX10 Mark III for example.

What do you guys think?

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

In my opinion, the A7R II is good enough, Sony, give me a medium format mirrorless system, anything less is the 'same ol same ol, ala Canon.
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Bold statement!!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

I suspect Sony will keep at least one A mount DSLR body in production in the next few years. But I suspect their last one will be a "Student grade" camera, much like in the Minolta days when they made a dedicated shift to autofocus A-mount SLRs. The last MD mount camera they released was the x9 a mid grade manual focus SLR it was targeted at photography students and a niche market of manual shooters.
    The a9 is without a doubt in the works, i also suspect an a8 or 8000 series will follow the a9 release.
    The a99 will fade from production just like the a900 did. The last A mount DSLR Sony will make will probably fall in to a a50 or a60 series.
    All speculation.

** I also suspect the a9 will have a larger EVF, possibly larger than any on the market.**

**UPDATE**
    WELL I WAS WRONG. That a99II,,, WOW!
    Last edited by OldNoob; Sep 23 2016 at 04:23 AM.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs