Thread: Sony A6300 is amazing fast

Sony A6300 is amazing fast

I had the opportunity to try on Sony A6300 camera with Sony FE24-70 F2.8 GM lens last Saturday. Currently, they are not officially available in Australia yet (pre-order at this stage).

I was very impressed with Sony A6300 camera. Its focusing is very fast and impressive. The Eye-AF is really amazing, faster than my A7ii.
    Since I started mirrorless camera with Sony's NEX-7 featuring Tri Navi (3 dials), I found the A6300 a bit lack of adjustment initially. However, once I got used to it, I soon found the A6300 dials (similar to A6000) is sufficient.

The FE24-70 F2.8 GM lens is heavy. Certainly not designed to fit on A6300.

I also had a quick test on FE 85mm F1.4 GM lens (on A7Rii). Impressive. Except I am not expert on portraiture.

Overall, I really like the Sony A6300, I think it can be a good compact size camera. Although I did not have enough time to play with all A6300 features, the fast focusing and excellent Eye-AF technology are very useful in real life situations.
    According to Sony guy, A6300 supports tethered shooting. The only thing missing is the build-in GPS. This might be my next camera.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Thanks for the hands-on breakdown Antony It really sounds like a nice unit and the support for 3rd party lenses and AF is also a huge positive new feature! I'm looking forward to playing with it soon...

The new lenses look large and heavy for sure!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

I am very excited for the 85mm f/1.4.....
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.