Thread: Zeiss Loxia 21

Advanced Member

Zeiss Loxia 21

It's nice and actually very small. The focus is smooth and the build quality--so nice.

Tell me what you guys think.

Last edited by SPtheALIEN; Mar 2 2016 at 12:20 PM.

No pics showing bud Looks like the images themselves are not reachable this time..

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

I don't like the IQ at all, the images all look the same..... a dull, uninspiring
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I don't like the IQ at all, the images all look the same..... a dull, uninspiring
    lol, good one!

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Advanced Member
    Man. I am horrible, for some reason, at embedding these photos.

Advanced Member
    It should be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by SPtheALIEN View Post
    It's nice and actually very small. The focus is smooth and the build quality--so nice.

Tell me what you guys think.

[/url]
    Wow! Very nice.
    So all I have to do is buy this lens and all my images will look like this :-)

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilmeland View Post
    Wow! Very nice.
    So all I have to do is buy this lens and all my images will look like this :-)
    Yes. I think. Though I bought these awesome Pumas and I somehow can't run as fast as Usain Bolt. They must be defective.

Awesome sample photos and I agree that lens looks like it produces gold from over here Thank you very much for sharing Spencer!

Jay

Over the top daddy-o!
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Elite Member
    sigh...just looked at the price in NZ for this peice of gear $2669.00....oh my god.....cry

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    sigh...just looked at the price in NZ for this peice of gear $2669.00....oh my god.....cry
    Yeah...Zeiss doesn't come inexpensively.

#MyWalletHatesMe

Thank you for the sample photos. I just ordered this lens after much research.

I love this lens!

Some of my favorites from a trip to Maui. All were taken with the Loxia 21

Quote Originally Posted by digital_AM View Post
    I love this lens!

Some of my favorites from a trip to Maui. All were taken with the Loxia 21
    Wow, gorgeous images! That first one (must be Haleakala?) has my amateur-astronomer heart pounding, just plain incredible

Regards,

Stef

Great series Digital_AM, first one is my favorite.

Amazing series of photos!! Thank you very much for sharing and just WOW

Jay

Agree, really nice photos. All are great, but the first shot of the observatory and night sky is really something.

Willie

Thank you guys for comments!

Stef, yes that was at the summit of Haleakala. Incredible place. It was cold up but more importantly it was very dark. I could see the Milky Way with my eyes. Amazing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by digital_AM View Post
    Stef, yes that was at the summit of Haleakala. Incredible place. It was cold up but more importantly it was very dark. I could see the Milky Way with my eyes. Amazing experience.
    So this was prior to sunrise or just a long night exposure?

Still can't believe how gorgeous that shot is. I would hang this on my wall anytime. Definitely in my top 10 for the year!

Stef

Quote Originally Posted by leuius View Post
    So this was prior to sunrise or just a long night exposure?

Still can't believe how gorgeous that shot is. I would hang this on my wall anytime. Definitely in my top 10 for the year!

Stef
    This was about an hour from sunrise which was also spectacular above the clouds. I wish I had arrived 2 hours earlier so I could take my time with composition and getting some panos. My hotel was over 2 hrs away on the west end of the island. Thank you again!