Thread: A weekend with the G Master lenses

Advanced Member

A weekend with the G Master lenses

I had the 24-70 FE f2.8 and 85 f1.4 G Master lenses to play with for the past several days.

My suggestion: start saving.

http://www.spencerpablophotography.c...-the-G-Master/

Thanks for sharing Spencer! Awesome photos and I agree that those lenses look like they are totally worth saving for Can't wait to get my hands on them...

Thanks again,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Elite Member
    Stunning photos ..luv the fishing boat one.

Advanced Member
    Thanks, guys! It was a cold night (for San Diego, at least--I had to wear a sweatshirt with my shorts). The waters were really still at about midnight.

Such clear and beautiful shots, even with higher ISO levels, thanks for sharing! I have to ask, what does that giant feather near the tracks belong to in the first shot...

You know, I really wasn't that concerned with the 24-70 f/2.8.....

Then you had to post this.......
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraghack View Post
    Such clear and beautiful shots, even with higher ISO levels, thanks for sharing! I have to ask, what does that giant feather near the tracks belong to in the first shot...
    Haha! First: thanks! Secondly: that giant feather is from a pterodactyl that occasionally flies around downtown San Diego. Just kidding. It's from a sago palm. San Diego has tons of those plants.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    You know, I really wasn't that concerned with the 24-70 f/2.8.....

Then you had to post this.......
    You know...since I moved to the a7 family, I sort of became a prime shooter. Then suddenly this lens was announced. Shooting with it was like putting on sweatpants after a week of wearing slacks. It was nice.

Advanced Member
    By the way, in case you guys are curious about how it compares size-wise with the current 24-70 f2.8 a-mount with LAEA3 adapter...wonder no more.

Name:  12755124_10153476552251365_1676292609_o.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  311.6 KB

Thank you so much Spencer for sharing all the info and the last image in particular as well. I had a feeling they would be about the same size in the end The weight of the new GM Lens is a bit lighter though @ 886 grams vs 975 grams on the A-Mount version. I honestly expected the GM lens to weigh more, but I was wrong...

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Advanced Member
    Remember, though, to add the weight of the adapter. The weight difference is noticeable.

I figured I would share the image comparison here--it hasn't really been discussed anywhere else. I know when I found out the thread size of the GM (82mm), the first thought that went through my mind was HOW BIG IS THIS THING?

Oh Yeah, I totally forgot about the Sony LA-EA3 lens adapter which adds 110 grams to the A-Mount lens combo. That is significant for sure! Plus the weight is all further away from the camera as apposed to being spread out a little more... That filter thread is also huge!

I have to ask, what does that giant feather near the tracks belong to in the first shot...

Galaxy S7 case
    Casesam LG G4 leather case
    Last edited by Alixtrol; Mar 7 2016 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixtrol View Post
    I have to ask, what does that giant feather near the tracks belong to in the first shot...
    Haha I asked the same thing. Scroll up to see (spoiler: it's a leaf)

What's super uncanny is that you asked verbatim to my post...

Advanced Member
    That silly palm. Every other tree in San Diego is either eucalyptus or a palm. I am thinking I should collect the fallen palm fronds (the leaves) and turn it into a bird costume.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraghack View Post
    You know...on that higher ISO comment...you should check out a photo I took: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

The ISO is listed in the comments.