Thread: Best purchasing option for the a6300

Best purchasing option for the a6300

So I'm itching to get the a6300. What is the best way, generally, to purchase a camera that's not on the market yet?

I put in a pre-order on B&H online. Would it be faster (and more likely to get one) if I just show up at the physical B&H store on the day of release?

Also, do cameras generally sell out completely on release on B&H if anyone has experience with new releases? Or is this just perceived scarcity and I don't need to worry about the camera not being in stock?

Any tips would help!

Thanks!

-Emad

Ideally, stores should follow the "first-come (order) first-serve"

Chances are... camera retailers are unable to compete Apple's guarantee delivery date (in most metropolitan areas) for new Apple products... so, if you are really impatient, you might want to place an order with your favourite retailer, and visit the store on the releasing date. Deposit or full payment at time of order might be required.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Pre-ording he A6300 from BHPhoto should get you the camera as soon as possible. They ship out first come first sever, pre-orders are all taken care of first. It is possible they will go out of stock, but if you pre-ordered it should ship on the day they are in stock! First come first serve situation, and pre-orders count!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens