Thread: A trip to the tip

A trip to the tip

I had to go to our local tip, I'm sorry I don't know what these are called your way. But its the place where they take all household rubbish to and some of it gets recycled. I hope that part let you have a better understanding of what I am talking about.

It actually was my second trip as the first I had cardboard and polystyrene and this is free to put into their bins.
    Once full they move it and put another one in place. So the Ute was loaded up with the years of new tv boxes and things like that.
    ANd it cleaned out the shed a fair bit.

The next load was branches also free. So while I was unloading the back out this other car came in with a trailer again I am not sure what you call these.
    But they are towed behind your car and you can carry good loads of stuff in them.

As I was ripping out all of my stuff I happened to look araound to where the new one came in to unload.
    Well as they pulled on the green plant it snapped and flat on their backside went the person.
    I said right away you right mate and they got up and said yer I'm okay. But it was a lady.
    She had short hair and dress like a man but did I feel bad. But all the time was laughing inside.
    So I went home and told the wife and we both had a laugh over this.
    All cleaned up now.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

(I take "polystyrene" and "styrofoam" are the same thing.) And it is pretty much the worst packaging material. I somehow really can't bear with noise make out of styrofoam. Sadly, I don't know exactly where I can recycle styrofoam, apart dumping it in general (red) rubbish bin.

I am not really a big IKEA fan, but I am starting to like IKEA now due to their recycling service.

We have a lot of cardboards to recycle, and our regular yellow (recycle bin) from council is usually not big enough. The best part of IKEA's recycle is they take fluorescent lights. Recycling fluorescent lights in my region can be a headache without IKEA.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Ihave to give credit where it is due and our local council has got a real good working system going here.
    The when overseas and as they say a Junkett but I honestly think this one was worth it.
    Yes we have to pay for some parts of taking rubbish to the tip but we try to recycle as much as we can.
    Our mob went and done the overseas thing and came back with big idea's.
    And they put them into place bit by bit to where we now get councils from quite a few different places.
    Taking notes on how they run it, so all in all it is good.

The down side to it is there are sports grounds close by and there was always a heaps of Eagles of different sizes and Hawks.
    And I wasn't into photography then. But now I am I have missed these birds being there.
    As they were there every day. SO I suppose that the free feeds were quickly forgot that and went back to finding their own again.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Glad no one was seriously hurt.
    We used to have mandatory recycling here , but apparently the majority didn't bother to put things in the right dumpsters. So, much like the redneck mentality of my town, the city planers said "oh the heck with it" and gave up LOL. It's difficult to recycle when there is no provision form the city or county to do it.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

We have got a way to go with this recycling but we are on the right way I think.
    We have a rubbish bin which goes out to be empty once a week and each 2nd week we put out the recycle bin.
    We pay for this in our land rate each year. I am sure that we are in line for a green waste bin real soon to.

But over the border they have got a system which is a good one.
    There is a tariff on all soft drink and beer cans and bottles that they over they have to pay the extra.
    But you drive in that state you don't see cans or bottles on the side of the road.
    As a lot of people drive out of town and pick them up and then take them to a recycle place and get the 10 cents tariff from them.
    So a quick bonus is made easily. But drive in our state and you can see these same things just looking bad.
    So if all states were to bring it in we would be much cleaner, so I hope we will one day have the same.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

In here, the council collects recycling and green waste bins on alternative weeks.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.