Poll: Sony A7000 Must Have Specs - in no particular order...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Sony A7000 - Must Have Specs POLL

Question Sony A7000 - Must Have Specs POLL

Sony A7000 - Must Have specs/ Features POLL...

Please select the features that you would want to see most in the future A7000 series camera. Sony must have this on the drawing board in one of the secret labs and perhaps is all ready testing prototypes....

Poll is just above this post, so you may have to scroll up a tad to see it!

Thanks,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

just giving my 2 cents here. While i prefer IBIS, it would make the camera as thick as the new a7II.
    I would like to see a better weather sealed body maybe with a bit more rubber on the corners for impacts.
    Also can we add side access for memory card, as opposed to being under the battery door?
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

I guess if we're doing "write ins", here's a thought. how about a feature that would allow user to select "disable viewfinder if LCD is moved from the nested position" and a sensor or contact that defines when LCD is securely nested.

If you think about it, this should have been something in all of the cameras with a tilt-able LCD and viewfinder that is actuated by proximity. I mean you can't use the viewfinder if the screen is out and poking you in the face. Further, (and more important from my perspective) If you have the screen out at 90 degrees and are using the camera at waist level, as you would a TLR, the sensor will sometimes cut out the LCD if it comes too close to your body. For street photography, there is a distinct advantage to holding the camera down like that & while you can set it to use just the LCD, turning viewfinder off, why is this necessary, since to use the viewfinder, you have to have the camera to your face (which can't happen with the screen poking you in the nose).

Thanks for the comments guys and great insight for sure

just giving my 2 cents here. While i prefer IBIS, it would make the camera as thick as the new a7II.
    I would like to see a better weather sealed body maybe with a bit more rubber on the corners for impacts.
    Also can we add side access for memory card, as opposed to being under the battery door?
    It would be a bit thicker and heavier for sure! Side access for the memory card would be nice, but makes more openings that need sealing as a side effect. Much better for convenience though, no doubt!! Rubberized corners is a great idea, but I don't think they would design the camera like that unless it was a "tuff" design or something special. Would certainly be nice though!

I guess if we're doing "write ins", here's a thought. how about a feature that would allow user to select "disable viewfinder if LCD is moved from the nested position" and a sensor or contact that defines when LCD is securely nested.

If you think about it, this should have been something in all of the cameras with a tilt-able LCD and viewfinder that is actuated by proximity. I mean you can't use the viewfinder if the screen is out and poking you in the face. Further, (and more important from my perspective) If you have the screen out at 90 degrees and are using the camera at waist level, as you would a TLR, the sensor will sometimes cut out the LCD if it comes too close to your body. For street photography, there is a distinct advantage to holding the camera down like that & while you can set it to use just the LCD, turning viewfinder off, why is this necessary, since to use the viewfinder, you have to have the camera to your face (which can't happen with the screen poking you in the nose).
    That is a great idea Willie and I totally agree that turning off the EVF when the LCD is not nested would be an excellent real world applicable feature! I hate it when it turns on as you bring the camera close to the hip for example...

Thanks again guys for the input!

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Elite Member
    I am not convinced there will be a A7000 ....just does not make business sense to me....there needs to something real different and new to justify it and adding some of these tech things in is not it in my opinion because they are available in other sony brands ..happy to be completely wrong though 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I am not convinced there will be a A7000 ....just does not make business sense to me....there needs to something real different and new to justify it and adding some of these tech things in is not it in my opinion because they are available in other sony brands ..happy to be completely wrong though 8-)
    Great points, but clearly people do want the IBIS and Weather sealing in particular. Not sure about the business sense side, but demand is there I believe. I know I want a really rugged design like Fuji for example, but I want the Sony sensor and technology also. I have always wanted this in a mirrorless camera since it's inception. I think you are correct that Sony does not want to offer what Fuji or Oly has, but something different. IBIS I feel is a must have for the old school legacy lenses that so many of us like to use. The weather sealing is not as important, but still very important. Ruggedness is also very important to me! The cost is also a major concern, so perhaps Sony does not want to go above $1000 for the APS-C cameras, who knows... Could be their business plan to push only FF from hear on out, but I don't think so. I believe they think it will hurt the full frame sales by offering a top quality APS-C unit. Many folks will "settle" for that as apposed to going full frame. I'm thinking of this from a Pro perspective as a second camera. The APS-C is great for that due to the smaller size and extra reach with full frame lenses for example....

Just a few more thoughts and thanks again for the comments Steve!

Jay

I have lost interest in APS-C. for reach I rely on micro 4/3rds and its 2x crop factor. I do have a Sony Nex 3n and the Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 prime, seldom used.

So for me to get interested back into APS-C, and again this is for me (I know APS-C is very capable) I would need to see some kind of new sensor tech, something from left field that just blows everybody away. Something special, and megapixel's don't matter.

I do think the A6000 and new A6300 are amazing cameras.....
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I have lost interest in APS-C. for reach I rely on micro 4/3rds and its 2x crop factor. I do have a Sony Nex 3n and the Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 prime, seldom used.

So for me to get interested back into APS-C, and again this is for me (I know APS-C is very capable) I would need to see some kind of new sensor tech, something from left field that just blows everybody away. Something special, and megapixel's don't matter.

I do think the A6000 and new A6300 are amazing cameras.....
    I can totally understand that Lucille and fantastic points!

4/3rds is awesome for reach and still has great IQ. I think the APS-C system is the best overall compromise between 4/3 and full frame. If you want one system and the best IQ, the Sony APS-C is arguable the best bang for the buck. Although I would rather have full frame for primary use, no question! Walking around with the family I do enjoy the feather weight Nex-6 and 18-55mm kit lens combo I must say. It's so light weight Layla can use it with ease and that is a huge bonus. Even with the 55-210mm for Zoom days, it's very light weight. In all honesty I would love to be able to hold a killer full frame camera set-up, but it's just not practical at this time for my personal situation.

I can totally seeing moving to the 4/3 solution at some point if reach became an interest to me like birds for example. I can not afford full frame 600mm-800mm optics, nor would I want the size and weight...

Everybody has there own needs and with so many awesome options to chose from it's just incredible! Amazing times as far as camera tech and options for sure

Jay

Elite Member
    its going to like the VHS and Beta race between big companies...lol (if you are old enough to remember that)

I would like 1/250 flash sync. 1/160 is a bit slow.