Hey buddies and thanks for checking out the latest SonyAlphaLab Photography Challenge - Food Photography!
It's freezing outside and I have seen some killer food photos over the past month in particular on social media, so I decided this would be a great challenge for those in the winter season like myself...
Photography Challenge Rules and Goals:
- Capture Food and/or Drink for fun and to learn of course!
- Composition is one of the main ingredients to good food photography
- Proper lighting is critical to tasty food photography
- Depth of field and subject isolation is also very popular in this genre...
- Accurate colors are critical for food photography!
- Learn how to capture food, so it looks the most appetizing
- Learn how to pose food for a more interesting composition
- Learn how to light food for the best results possible
- Learn how to isolate subjects to exaggerate the particular food element (main course, sides, drink, etc...)
- Any kind of food, drink, or desert will count for this challenge
- Live action cooking of food can also be included and is often used by pros's to show off the food...
- Showing the ingredients to a meal can also be used and is considered in the genre for sure. Picture any cooking show and how the counter looks with all the ingredients out and organized. Recipe books and food magazines show these types of images all the time and can be very compelling!
- Check out some food photography websites, magazines, and tv shows for inspiration!
- NEW Photos Only Please
A Few Sample Photos:
These sample photos were taken with the Sony A7r Mark II and my old school Minolta 50mm f/1.4 Rokkor-X Lens. They should give you a few ideas to get started.... These are just snapshots mind you, and I will certainly try to get some Pro quality shots for this challenge, don't worry!
Thanks for looking and lets get this challenge started shall we?