Thread: Reflecting and thoughts for the New Year...

Question Reflecting and thoughts for the New Year...

I must say it was really nice taking a few days off from the website work I gave myself a bit of a needed break and to reflect on the past year, plus plan for the new year.

So what is next?? Well, I think I need to take at least a day off from the website work per week this year to help maintain a level rested mind, That is one thing I learned Also I need to focus on consistency more as it pertains to articles and reviews..

For example, I should have a time line or something of what lenses I already reviewed and when, and what I will review next/ in the future.. I also need to work on some polls to get your guys feedback on these matters.

One thing I must get going is the Google+ Hangouts. This is where we can all hang out and actually talk live, plus share are photos live as if we are actually hanging out. I really think this will bring our community to the next level and offer a new platform for learning and expanding ideas. Obelix and I did a practice hangout a few weeks ago and it went very well in my opinion. Basically I need to schedule this thing for a time most of us can participate and then give it a go. Once we do it once, others will find out and what to be part next time... So the potential for learning is huge. I think using it like a webinar will also be a lot of fun. For example when I get a new camera we could have a hangout to discuss all the new features and decide what needs to be tested the most based on your feedback...

As far as reviews go, I want to focus on at least one a month if possible, but I need to speed up my workflow much more. It's way to involved as is, and takes to much time/effort to produce the youtube video style review and the full written review on the main website. It's just to much work for me to do with the amount of time I have, therefore something must change. I'll figure it out though, so don't worry, but suggestions welcomed! Perhaps I'm doing something in the reviews that you feel is a waste of time? I would love to hear about it of so...

The website has been running mint for over 2-3 months now, so it appears all the issues on that front have been resolved Jinx...

I really wanted to just thank all of you guys for dealing with me the past year. I know I probably turned many people off with my insane rants over the last year or so and my attitude has been far from great all of the time. Life has been very challenging with Jase needing so much attention, my real job totally sucking, trying to get the house work done, and then trying to get website work done.. I think I had a melt down a few times last year from the stress of it all. I can only take so much and quality of life is very important to me. I must make enough time for my family as #1 priority without exception. If a review needs to get pushed back, then so be it...

In any even I'm really sorry you all had to read my complaints and listening to my bitching at times. It's not productive or helpful in pretty much every case, so I will try my best for the new year

Thank you all for being such great people and such great friends!!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks to you, Jay, for all the time you have to invest in order to keep SAL and the forum running. Besides doing reviews and all that stuff. I' m sure everyone will understand if you get the break you need once in a while. Take the time to enjoy your kids, they're growing so fast. Thanks again and have a nice day.
    The eye takes the picture, not the camera. (Gisèle Freund)
    My photostream on Flickriver
    ∞500px

Thanks Walter
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Honey, I love your complaints and bitching!
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Hardcore Member
    Here is a famous quote (ummmm.....I made up myself). If you are too busy treading water, you won't have time to swim to shore.

Well....maybe not so famous....
    Gear: Sony A6000, Canon T5i, Zeiss 16mm-70mm, various Canon lenses, PS Elements, various Topaz plug ins.

Mike

I like this place as I feel it is the best place for me to hang my hat.
    So pleased that you are take some self time, we all can have blow outs from time to time.
    I think just doing that will clear your mind up a lot (not saying that it was in the 1st place).
    But you might look at things with fresher eyes after these time off's.
    Well done Jay this is working well.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters