Thread: Laptops are like Cars

Laptops are like Cars

Scratching your heads yet on this.
    Well it is like this both are great when they are working and running well, but a big pain you know where when they play up.
    My laptop has been sending me little signals now for about the last month or 2.
    Then on one restart as noting was working I turned it off and back on and not a thing.

But the warnings were there and I had backed up all my photo's and important things like a word page I have got that I have got all the sites I visit with username and passwords. It worked out I had to put it into the shop to get it fixed up. And they had it over Christmas so I was lost.
    But really it was at this time taking close to an hour to post up a photo just to facebook.

I picked up the computer Boxing Day here and I had to put most of my programs back on. Then here's a little ripper.
    I had to go to torrent site, as I use this. Well dumbo me went to download it and all I had to do was Bookmark it.
    So I think I got a virus on it. And nothing was working right. Pop ups here and there double underlined words.
    It was hell, finally so me good news I found the restore to factory.
    Meaning it is running but I can't delete Norton that the shop put on and I want to use Trend.
    Some say you don't need a antivirus with new computer because they come with one already.
    Well if I did it was on holidays as I must of had a virus.

So on Monday I will take it back to the shop and get them to take the Norton off and put on my Trend.
    Then with luck they will be able to reinstall my Photoshop. But I am not sure about the I.P. Adress is different to mine and my Photoshop is for one computer.
    And this other IP address might tell me it can't be done there.
    Even if they can get it on and I just have to put my numbers on it.

Well thats my lot for now so to you have a very happy new year from Merbein in Australia.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

I purposely stick to Mac now because welp. Less viruses and issues. Very linear and idiot proof for a tub like me. Best of luck : )!! Edit photos less, forum more. Shoot JPEG!
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

I think I am in line for a new laptop tomorrow.
    I was looking at a MSI but the wife has said she done a major search on them and these are really made for the gamers.
    So we have come up with a middle of the road Laptop in a Asus.
    So I hope it will be good as this one will not let me load Photoshop on it anymore for some reason.
    And it is always pausing and it will be okay for the wife to use.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters