Thread: Sony A6100 / A7000 question?

Sony A6100 / A7000 question?

Picked up a A6000 for the wife in late June 2015.

She uses the Zeiss 55mm f/1.8 all the time.

What is the word on the next A6000 type camera (i'm a little out of the loop).

Will it be worth upgrading to (we don't do video)?

Wife's A6000/Zeiss 55mm f/1.8 shot at Gettysburg over Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago. We really like it.

Name:  22895489444_a5ff58840c_c.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  158.9 KB

CaptDave

No word really Dave, sorry. The rumors have been horrible wrong lately and I stopped sharing them so often, due to this. I have no idea if Sony will chose to update the A6000 and add 4k for example, or if they will come out with an A7000 higher end unit. Not really sure what the engineers are thinking these days. Full frame is still priority, but the cost of lenses really makes it not feasible for the average enthusiast. Therefore Sony needs to come up with something soon! What will it be though?

The past tells us an A6100 is most likely, but the A6000 is fantastic as is in my opinion. What we really need is a A7000 or A9000 for those loyal crop sensor users. It's the best balance in cost to quality which is why so many have the moved to M4/3rds cameras. You can get all the pro quality for that stuff, but not from APS-C and Sony yet... They are missing the high end APS-C mirrorless camera's and lenses from the line.

I'm not sure if that helps you at all, but I do see you have the taste for Zeiss now, and that is really hard to go back from Have you considered the A7 II? Sorry, I can't keep track of everybody's gear these days, so you could very well have that camera already?

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    No word really Dave, sorry. The rumors have been horrible wrong lately and I stopped sharing them so often, due to this. I have no idea if Sony will chose to update the A6000 and add 4k for example, or if they will come out with an A7000 higher end unit. Not really sure what the engineers are thinking these days. Full frame is still priority, but the cost of lenses really makes it not feasible for the average enthusiast. Therefore Sony needs to come up with something soon! What will it be though?

The past tells us an A6100 is most likely, but the A6000 is fantastic as is in my opinion. What we really need is a A7000 or A9000 for those loyal crop sensor users. It's the best balance in cost to quality which is why so many have the moved to M4/3rds cameras. You can get all the pro quality for that stuff, but not from APS-C and Sony yet... They are missing the high end APS-C mirrorless camera's and lenses from the line.

I'm not sure if that helps you at all, but I do see you have the taste for Zeiss now, and that is really hard to go back from Have you considered the A7 II? Sorry, I can't keep track of everybody's gear these days, so you could very well have that camera already?

Jay
    Jay

This is the wife's A6000/Zeiss 55mm f/1.8. She loves it. We don't do video yet, soon.

B&H Zeiss 25mm Batis f/2.0...arriving tomorrow! Christmas gift for the wife (I may find a use for it also).

CaptDave

Looks like Sony went with the A6300 after all Still no 7000 series, but soon enough I strongly believe!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens