Thread: This Friday

This Friday

Well on Friday we will be going away for a couple of days and it was planned but we have had to add in a couple of extra days to it.
    We were going to go to Adelaide, which is the Capital City of South Australia as this is where our son lives and works.
    We are taking over his kids Christmas presents, and who knows they might open them on that day.
    So this was all good.

But while we were away on our little weekend away we got some really bad news.
    There are 6 kids in my family and I am the youngest of them. I have got a Brother then another brother followed by a sister and the 2 more brothers.
    Well the brother one above me has be diagnose with Throat Cancer and to make the worse, my sisters 1st husband recently died from the same thing.
    But my brother had his chemo and was back in Whyalla and things went pear shaped.
    He couldn't breathe, he was rush to the hospital there then sent to Adelaide to be in the intensive care unit.

Well his wife doesn't talk to anyone except us but she had lost our number so we were getting 2 to 4th hand news about him.
    We got told he had only 2 years to live and I honestly cried as I was close to him growing up.
    So I worked out a way to contact his wife and she was so pleased to talk to me.
    And we now are getting the news for as we all say from the horse mouth.

Well I am not too sure how well he is but we are going to go to Whyalla for a couple of days so I can see and talk
    with him as we really don't know how long we will have him with us.
    After this we then will go to see our son.
    But it goes to show you you just never know when you number is called up.
    So make the most of your family if you are close stay close.

If your family is like mine where they all think they know it and you know nothing then I feel sorry for you.
    My family still think I am this 6 year old. But hate it when I stand up for myself as I am now the biggest in the family.
    And I don't care if I hurt their feelings just because they want to be right when they are wrong.
    So if you are close don't let it slip away as it is too hard to get back.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Sorry to hear the bad news of your family. Best wishes.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Thanks Antony.
    We are heading over to see him and it could very well be the last time.
    But if might not be to, though as I think I said our brother inlaw died of the same thing within the 2 years of knowing he had it.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Really sorry to read this bad news Gramps. My best wishes to you and your family!

Family can be really difficult to deal with at times, especially in this current world where dividing everybody based on different opinions seams to be the goal. Good for you swallowing that crap and getting on the horn to talk to the folks that need you! This is what family is for and you are clearly doing your best in the given situation from the sounds of it...

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks Jay, it has been a while since I was last on which I will post up in the general section.
    But I have sent my brother messages and never got one back.
    As much as I know he is the brother I was the closest to, I am just wondering if he is worth the effort as it seems like a one way street.
    So at the moment I am not sure one what to do.
    I think I can hear a few say well he has a lot on his plate, and I do agree with that but his wife could get on he phone and just say this or that.
    As I find that there really is not the way I would go about it. But he is a very arrogant man and has been this way for as long as I have known him.
    But if he thinks that to keep what he is going through it the way to do it I think he is wrong.
    I think he should let us in on what is going on and not because I am waiting to see if I will end up with thing is he doesn't recover right.
    But it is so I can tell my doctor what is going on, as he was happy to know this information, well not happy I am not sure how to say this.
    But he found that it was something that he thought was important to know.
    Well thats enough of doom and gloom for now.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters