Thread: Capture One 8 Confused

Hardcore Member

Capture One 8 Confused

I received the newsletter regarding Capture One 8 but it left me scratching my head. So there is a free version for Sony? Is it always free or is it a trial version? Secondly if I want the "purchase" version what does it cost? I couldn't find that anywhere. And is it an outright purchase or is it a subscription? And finally there are tutorials for it described in the newsletter but I couldn't find any links to them. Are the tutorials free or for purchase or what? Thanks.
    Last edited by Pitter; Nov 23 2015 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    Comments and suggestions welcome but please do not modify my photographs

Sony a6000 with 1.8 24mm Sony-Zeiss lens, Canon 7D with 400 5.6 and 580 EX II flash with Better Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Pitter View Post
    I received the newsletter regarding Capture One 8 but it left me scratching my head. So there is a free version for Sony? Is it always free or is it a trial version? Secondly if I want the "purchase" version what does it cost? I couldn't find that anywhere. And is it an outright purchase or is it a subscription? And finally there are tutorials for it described in the newsletter but I couldn't find any links to them. Are the tutorials free or for purchase or what? Thanks.
    I used the free version for several months before buying the "Pro" (for Sony) upgrade. I did not see any time (trial) limit associated with the free version but some features are turned off (local adjustments for example). Upgrading unlocked everything. As I recall, the for-Sony Pro version was around $50 (permanent license), a real steal considering the product quality.

The product tutorials are freely accessible here.

There is also a free webinar archive located here. Very well made.

All in all a great product. Nice consistent and extensible interface. Efficient and fast with good output. Convenient cataloging options and superior color treatment potential. I would place this software a step above LR. Also less buggy than LR from my experience.

Regards,

Stef

Hardcore Member
    Thank you Stef, answered all my questions.
    Comments and suggestions welcome but please do not modify my photographs

Sony a6000 with 1.8 24mm Sony-Zeiss lens, Canon 7D with 400 5.6 and 580 EX II flash with Better Beamer