Thread: advice please just starting to take videos

advice please just starting to take videos

Hi Recently upgraded from a7 to a7rmk2 and despite have had many video capable bodies over the years I have never bother with video.

it seems a shame given the obvious qualities of this 7Rmk2 not to use the video but the choices are a bit bewildering; where can I find a resource that will talk me through all the different settings and so on?

what would do for basic youtube uploads and whats a reasonable editor ?

Great questions and you do have a lot of options for sure. I will try and put something together that explains things a bit more basic in a video tutorial form at some point.

Basically you first need to select your recording format and quality. Many options are available and only the .mp4 version can be directly uploaded to youtube. This is like jpeg for video basically...

If you chose the X AVCHD format for example, you will need some post processing software to watch the video and edit it. Are you a Mac or Windows user?

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Hi Jay I use windows 7