Thread: Car Update soon

Car Update soon

On Friday we are going for a 2 and a bit hour dive to buy a Ute Truck for all Americans).
    I have had a couple over time and for whatever reason I no longer have my own set of wheel to get out.

My wifes claim has be done and won and not that she get what she really should have got.
    But we have said we are going to look for a Ute for me and she will update her Commodore, as she is driving a 2006 one now.
    With our ages getting up there it will no chance of us getting a loan to buy a newish car.
    So while we have the money we will get these and make them the last cars we will own.
    This time we will look at replacing parts rather than look at getting a more up to date model.
    I think this will work out really well for us both.

My ute is white and I am not a fan of white in cars but it is the best Ute for the price we want to pay out.
    And it has only done 54,000 kilometers so it isn't even run in.
    The car we are looking for the wife I think looks so good.
    And I promise to post a photo of them when we get them.
    Her money will clear on Friday so I say be Wednesday she should have her car in the driveway.
    I can't wait, It will be good to get my own wheels and know this is one I will hang on to for a very long time.
    And this means I can set it up just the way I want it to.
    I thought I would share this with my cyber friends.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Good luck with car hunting.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Good luck Gramps!
    Is it Ute or Pickup Truck

I bought two new vehicles, but never again ... It was a complete money sink in my opinion. I'm a 100% good-as-new-but-used guy now. Have a good test ride Gramps : )
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

What happened to the two new vehicles you bought?

I must be the poor guy here. Never actually owned a car... Been driving my partner's car (which I own 6% of it) for years.... Don't see the need to own a car each.
    A friend of mine said that most American households have at least two cars, at least one (or more) per license holder. My reply: I am not an American.

Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    What happened to the two new vehicles you bought?

I must be the poor guy here. Never actually owned a car... Been driving my partner's car (which I own 6% of it) for years.... Don't see the need to own a car each.
    A friend of mine said that most American households have at least two cars, at least one (or more) per license holder. My reply: I am not an American.

I have scaled back my car collection from 11 to 3. I'm thinking though I need to add a Jeep.
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

I will start with the 2 new cars first of. One was the Toyota Rav 4. It was a manual and it was not good on my back.
    I know some will be thinking what a load of crap but thats the truth. The other reason was it had a gearbox that we just could not master.
    We have close on driven manual cars for over 20 odd years and never had a problem at all till this Rav 4.
    So that was sold and we paid out what was left on it leaving us a $1000 give or take.
    The next is our Commodore which we still have got, but we are looking at doing an update.
    Reasons to this is because we will never get a loan to buy another one so with the wifes payout we will update to a 2014.
    The one we have now is a 2006.

On to the point of buying brand new. It is something we will never enter into again. As soon as you drive off rip off over $10,000 off the price of your car.
    We are looking for demo models or close to that and the one we are looking at has got only 38000 kilometers on the clock.
    So it is at a sort of good price but we want to get it cheaper. But we will not buy new again its so overrated that its not even funny.

Over here in Australia we have Utes and I must admit to getting a little hot under the collar when Australian's look at our Utes and call them truck.
    I can see why over in American that they car called trucks and they tend to be bigger than our Ute we have.
    People become sheep and just follow the leader so I tell them its not a truck its a Ute.

I got my Ute and the 3 and a little bit drive home gave me the time to fit right into it.
    I love my Ute. Its a White 2008, 3.6 liter automatic Holden Ute, this was the year they decided not to put the Commodore on to the name.
    But we all still call them Commodores. I have only got 54000 kilometers driven on it and is a basic model.
    I don't need any more that what I have got. I think it was close to the best priced Ute in Victoria as our local fella said we got a bargain.
    So now I see you want to see it. So I have named it as I think you should. I named it Bader after Ryan Bader of the UFC, as I like him

.Attachment 4176

This is a photo taken with my phone.
    Last edited by Gramps; Oct 19 2015 at 02:31 AM.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Nice Ute. Congratulations.

Nice truck
    Back when Pontiac was stills around, they planed to sell Pontiac version in US. They sold Holden Monaro as Pontiac GTO for 3 year 2004/2006

Thanks Obelix and Antony.
    The part about the Holden being badged as the Pontiac GTO is true.
    Not real sure on how well it went down.
    Though I did watch a show called Street Outlaws and seen one of them on the show.
    And it got a beat down by the Truck they called FarmTruck in a street drag.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Pontiac GTO (Holden) was well received and sold in good numbers, but GM shot down Pontiac division.

Well I think it is on the other foot now as Holden here are stopping the production of their cars in I think 2017.
    We will then be getting the Chevy models here from then onward.
    So I think we will then have the Bumble Bee model here as our car to as well as other models to.

I think that even with Ford here are now going to be bring in the Mustang as our Ford Falcon, which has been the main stay of their large cars.
    Not real sure about the others cars as I don't take too much notice of what goes on with Ford.
    As here it is a sort of unwritten law that you are a Holden man or a Ford man and yes a many fights have been over this.
    We are Holden and to say the thought of Holden not being a real Australian car hurts a little but its down to the bottom dollar.

Though I think if I was in America I might have been a Dodge man as I like quite a few of the muscle cars they have got.
    But its easy to say that now but in real life I am not sure.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Yes Ford is going to "global" cars, same models for all markets. It started with Ford Focus and Fusion.

Might be a good thing but then again it might not. This will only be know in about 10 years I would think.
    GM will be doing the same with cars from you fine land and sending them to us once they have made the changes.
    Which are to move the steering and dash to the other side. Which would they would have already worked out the quickest way to do that even now.
    I do find it sort of funny to see a car from America with not changes driving along and we can shake hand while driving along.
    Oh well who can stop progress though.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters