Thread: Weekend away

Weekend away

We had to travel 7.5 hours for a wedding and on the trip there and at the event and the trip back home I took over 2000 shots.
    There are going to be quite a few that will not live too much longer.

But I did learn to have a play with the ISO to get the people on the dark dance floor brightened up.
    So this to me made it quite a good weekend. I have not touched the ISO too much.
    So it was a valuable lesson I taught myself.

Got quite a few good wedding shots and here is the sorry, I will not be posting one of them as I hope most will know why.
    Though I did get some of a couple of horses that I really like and some other things which I will post up soon.
    So lets hope this continues so we all can do posting a little more.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Good to hear Gramps and way to go pushing your skills by manipulation the ISO to achieve the correct exposure The horse pics are great as well!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks Jay those horses completed the weekend.
    On the learning side of it, I think for me it is something people have said about it.
    But you really need to get there to get them or use those settings.
    I think it becomes another string to my bow. And this is exactly what I think the aim is for us all.
    Most of my shot prior to this were at F5.6 and now I am usting quite a lot at f 8 to 11.
    So it to me is a good thing.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

I also had a road trip from last Friday (driving through NSW/Vic border, down to Bendigo), currently on the way back to Sydney. (Bored in the car, that's what the iPad is for). I did not take anywhere near 2000 photos, not even 1000 photos I'd say.

Most of my shots were F8 or even smaller apertures, which I know my style is not that popular.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Antony a big precentage of my shots were of the wedding (which I will not post).
    But I would say that I took about 40% of my shots for me to keep and use.
    So it is still quite a lot. Gives me things to do on down times.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters