Thread: Actually, while I'm in the neighbourhood - I've a vdeo setup question...

Actually, while I'm in the neighbourhood - I've a vdeo setup question...

I am doing quite a lot of reading of reviews etc, especially regarding settings etc... Until now I never really considered the video setup, so while in a nearby thread in this forum, I thought "hmmm, better check out my video settings"... As a rule though, I'm not really into video on still shot camera's, so I am only about 50% worried (if that's the right word for it)... Actually, I have a FujiFilm pocket camera that takes very nice 720/1080p video, so I guess that would do me anyway...

I noticed that I can get only up to 50p 28M, so why can't it go up to 60p..?? What setup option needs to be changed to allow that extra step for me. I know I once had a digital video recorder that would not allow top settings because I had an memory card that was too slow to save to while filming at top settings, so it defaulted to a lower setting but we're talking settings nowhere near these specs and a "few" years ago now... The SD card I have is a Sandisk 32GB Extreme UHS-1 4K. I think the A6000 is set on PAL, as it warns me if I change to NTSC,, must format etc etc etc, when I checked. I am also shooting stills in 16:9 Fine, if that makes any difference...

What it missing...???

Al

Quote Originally Posted by AlSony View Post
    I noticed that I can get only up to 50p 28M, so why can't it go up to 60p..??
    You probably won't like the answer: It depends on where you buy the camera from, and that country's standard/default rate used for TV broadcasting.
    In general average home user settings, I doubt 50p or 60p would make a big difference.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Antony...
    It makes sense. I know in reality, you'd never really notice any difference between the two rates but I was just wondering why. Actually, I now have set it to 25fps just to save room on the SD card, in case I overdo it one day. I bought the camera from a computer shop (they were cheapest around at the time as with many other products of theirs) and that place is owned by a Chinese crowd and in the scheme of things, who knows where they sourced it from. I have noticed in many shops, with camera gear you get all sorts of different nationalities of camera's. Some take a bit of deciphering to get them into English language setup too - hahahaha - I've had a few of those in the past year or two, and you know they were for other markets by their model numbers, perhaps a model number followed by the wrong designated letter etc, and when you get a manual that is in Asian or Arabic and no English - hmmmm... Even after downloading an online manual and seeing that your model was made for somewhere half way around the world, you have to laugh a little...

I doubt that shooting too much video will happen anyway as the battery life is a bit "limited". I took less than 50 shots on my day out over the weekend and that saw the battery go from 100% down to about 60% over the 4 or 5 hours I did so, and that was without changing any settings and maybe viewing only a few shots in the screen after taking them, which was quite hard to do with the super bright sunshine (a "deep blue sky" day). Many times I let the camera time out and other times I powered it off between shots... As a result of not being able to easily view shots and/or get a super clear view in the viewfinder, I turned the brightness up on both, so there goes a wee bit more battery life. Another battery (or three) is definitely on the cards, but, first comes the 55-210mm lens...

Cheers and thanks for the info...

Al...
    Last edited by AlSony; Sep 27 2015 at 05:27 PM.