Thread: Display A6000 images on TV through USB?

Display A6000 images on TV through USB?

Hi,

Yesterday we came back from a great trip to Iceland and wanted to show the footage/images right away to my parents.

I hooked up the a6000 with the multi port (USB) to their smart-tv... It booted up and says USB storage device. I can even browse to two folders, Info and License (or some other names) but I could not find the second folder with the images.

I know that (by browsing the camera on my laptop that Sony decided to partition the SD card in two folders, but only the 'wrong' folder shows up.

Is there a setting to change this (I browsed through all the settings with the toolbox and USB settings, set it to Auto etc.) so that I can show images straight of the cam on a TV using USB?

Meanwhile, I might go and buy an adapter for Micro-HDMI to HDMI so I can at least try the other port. But this feels kind of strange...

Sony want you to use the HDMI port for viewing images on the television which is why the files are hidden I believe Also, so only Sony TV's can work flawlessly with them I assume.. Proprietary nonsense most likely...

One option is to use a USB key and transfer the images to that for easy display if you don't want to use the HDMI.

Best,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Jay, thanks for the info.

It sort of figures Sony wants to do it this way; a bit like Apple works (walled garden system).

My luck, the local super-store had an HDMI cable for a bargain because the box had been opened so I am now the proud ownwer of yet another 1.5M cable that I have to stow in the camerabag. Yeeh.