Thread: FE 85mm f/1.4 lens to be announced in September/October?

Question FE 85mm f/1.4 lens to be announced in September/October?

FE-Mount 85mm f/1.4 lens from Sony to come?? Courtesy of SonyAlphaRumors and it's only a sr3, which means it's possible, but not 100%

A source claimed to have seen an early prototype of the Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 lens. It was not labeled as Zeiss. This means he is not sure yet the lens will get the Zeiss or Sony ā€œGā€ badge on it. The lens has been designed to have an extremely nice bokeh.
    The lens is scheduled to hit the market in September/October.
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Guess it depends on how affordable it is, I hope it is a stabilised lens, be great for portraits 127mm on APS-C would be a nice long prime, however at 1.4 it will be huge on a small camera.

if t has no stabilisation it is a toy only for tripod shooting and A7(r)II cameras.

Still would like a telephoto zoom, however I recently read that Fuji has delayed there 100-400mm until late 2016 due to poor performance, was hoping a Fuji release would kick Sony into gear
    I used to own stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tikcus View Post
    Guess it depends on how affordable it is, I hope it is a stabilised lens, be great for portraits 127mm on APS-C would be a nice long prime, however at 1.4 it will be huge on a small camera.

if t has no stabilisation it is a toy only for tripod shooting and A7(r)II cameras.

Still would like a telephoto zoom, however I recently read that Fuji has delayed there 100-400mm until late 2016 due to poor performance, was hoping a Fuji release would kick Sony into gear
    Thanks for the comments, and Fuji 100-400mm poor performance? That is surprising to hear and it probably would have kicked Sony in the but. I really do think Sony is working on a FE 100-400mm solution of some sort. It takes time to develope and test these things though. It makes very logical sense and the market is demanding it big time! Also, the 85mm f/1.4 with AF that is affordable would be nice, but I'm guessing it will be like the new FE 35mm f/1.4 Zeiss lens though, which has no OSS and is expensive, but killer optics...

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Tikcus View Post

I am going to make a comment about a lens that doesn't even exist yet. I 100% disagree that it will be a toy for tripod shooting simply because it doesn't have stabilization. And if Sony makes it, I'll be more then happy to prove it.
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Granted not seen or tested it, and I may not have the most steady hands but without a mono pod I struggle to keep the 30mm lens stable, the I can not keep the 75-300 stable without a tripod
    I used to own stuff

I used to own stuff