Thread: Bones Jones - Coming into his own...

Bones Jones - Coming into his own...

My best four legged friend Bones Jones Hermann is finally coming into his own and is such a great dog! He is very happy, loves pets, is super lazy, and looks like a cartoon character almost. gotta love em I took this photo a few days ago with my Sony A7r and killer Minolta 50mm f/1.4 Rokkor-X Lens... I then converted to BW in Lightroom using the green filter preset for detail, and then added some clarity and Vignette.

Bones Jones - Sony A7r, 50mm f/1.4 Rokkor-X Lens by Jason, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Great shot Jay!
    He looks like a tough guy with that underbite

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    Great shot Jay!
    He looks like a tough guy with that underbite
    What Obelix said. His eyes belie the fierce underbite, though

Hardcore Member
    For an 'old' lens, it sure is awesome!

Really like how you used the B&W to bring out the 'feel' of the photo! Well done!!!

Scott (anyone wanna mow my grass, it's only 94*F now) B

Thanks guys

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Turner and Hooch dog right there on this thread.
    I am doing my best to get another dog.
    I really miss having a dog of my own, so I have to be happy for you all who have got a good looking dog like this one.
    Great shot and conversion also.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Turner and Hooch dog right there on this thread.
    I am doing my best to get another dog.
    I really miss having a dog of my own, so I have to be happy for you all who have got a good looking dog like this one.
    Great shot and conversion also.
    Thanks Gramps He is my best friend these days for sure!

Jay

Update needed please.
    I think my wife is maybe thinking of letting me get another dog, but when will be up to her so it looks like its her idea.
    This way I win. If I do I will look at a Australian Cattle Dog as 1st one then it would be a Bull Terrier followed by a Bull Mastiff and last choice would be a Chocolate Labrador.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

You can see Bones in Jay's latest video

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Update needed please.
    I think my wife is maybe thinking of letting me get another dog, but when will be up to her so it looks like its her idea.
    This way I win. If I do I will look at a Australian Cattle Dog as 1st one then it would be a Bull Terrier followed by a Bull Mastiff and last choice would be a Chocolate Labrador.
    Thanks for sharing the video Obelix!!

He is still doing great Gramps and really coming into his own these days. He is loving me petting him more and more as dogs tend to do when they get a little older. He's about 1.5 years old or so... He is a French Mastiff just so you know, but all mastiff's seam to have a similar demeanor of super friendly, great around kids, and very "home" oriented and protective. They don't really like to leave the home so much, and I do notice Bones never tries to escape when I open the gate on the deck to go out. Unlike other dogs in the past that would fight to get out every time... I love Bones Jones, but I do think he will have some problems fairly early on. His hips are not that strong and never have been, so I'm thinking this will be an issue around year 5 unfortunately and I hope I'm wrong. One other issue is his eye-lids are rolled in a bit, which makes his eyes water. We are actually getting this fixed next month and it is a very common problem with this breed in particular. It's the biggest deal and fairly affordable to fix honestly considering it's surgery...

Can't go wrong with a Chocolate Lab either Great dogs and I have met many over the years. All of them were awesome and I can't recommend that breed enough. They also have hip issues, but usually around 7-10 years of age...

The cattle dogs are great, but if I'm not mistaken they require serious exercise, or else they can be very moody. They need to run for a few hours a day in order to be "calm". The Mastiff's just lay around all day and are prety much always come with little effort. The Lab's need to be run but only a little each day compared to a herding breed.

I'm not the most knowledgable in this area, so please take what I said with a grain of salt and do your own re-search in this regard. I really think a dog is "mans best friend" and a must have for any family or home. The kids love Bones and he is a great protecter of the family god forbid I take my eyes off the kids for a second or whatever. Peace of mind and all

Jay