Thread: ND filter option

Hardcore Member

ND filter option

Looking for a way to use a ND filter on a Sigma 12-24mm EX ASP DG lens.....problem is, there are no threads to put one on.

I have searched the 'net, and come up wondering. I sent a message to Sigma USA, and they stated there is no option for a filter on this lens. "BUT" they have heard about people using 'gel packs' as ND filters?(I responded asking for more info, and 'crickets' have befallen upon me)

Does anyone know what I'm supposed 'search for' to find these mysterious filtering 'gel packs'? I have tried thinking about every option of search words to be used....no luck.

Scott (thanks for your help) B

Scott, check this out. May give you some ideas.
    http://www.benjacobsenphoto.com/2010...-take-filters/
    hope this helps,
    Willie

Hardcore Member
    For the sigma you use a 95mm adapter ring with spare cowl for the lens. You can get the cowl from Sigma for ~$30 and the adapter ring wherever you get your filters. Once you have the parts, you need to make the cowl so it slides onto the lens. To do this you have to remove the metal lip by either grinding/milling it off, or cutting the front portion off the lens.
    Cutting and milling anything on a lens probably isn't going to be a good idea for me? I will look at the video once I get to a 'WiFi' area happening...

Scott (cool read though) B