Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: A6000 Newbie Question

  1. #1

    A6000 Newbie Question

    Hi folks,
    I"m new here and just purchased a Sony A6000.

    Can anyone recommend a good wired or wireless shutter release cable for my A6000?

    Any other feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

    My first lens purchase with the camera is an !8-200MM 3.5-6.3 instead of a kit lens.

    Regards

    Jim

  2. #2
    I need the same for my Sony A7's, maybe what ever works on the a6000 will work for me?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Obelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Posts
    1,539
    If you are using smart phone just upload Smart Remote Control app, it's free.
    https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.c...9014_00-F00002

  4. #4
    Elite Member BrianC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    700
    I got a "FotoTech IR Wireless Shutter Release Remote Control", which after playing with it a bit successfully released the shutter on my a6000 several times, to my satisfaction. $10. I haven't yet composed a photo with it yet...
    BrianC a.k.a. cougarox
    Constructive criticism welcome

    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

    Current gear: Sony a6000, SEL55210, Fotodiox MD-NEX adapter; Garmin GPSMap 64S
    Old glass in use:
    Minolta MD 28/2.8, Rokkor-X 35-70/3.5, Rokkor-X 50/1.4, Rokkor-X 135/2.8, MD 100-200/5.6
    Vivitar 17/3.5, Series 1 90/2.5 macro

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    If you are using smart phone just upload Smart Remote Control app, it's free.
    https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.c...9014_00-F00002
    Thanks, I downloaded it and will try it out.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    I got a "FotoTech IR Wireless Shutter Release Remote Control", which after playing with it a bit successfully released the shutter on my a6000 several times, to my satisfaction. $10. I haven't yet composed a photo with it yet...
    Thanks for the information on the FotoTech remote. To use it though,don't you have to have line of sight in front of the camera?

  7. #7
    Elite Member BrianC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by jasham View Post
    Thanks for the information on the FotoTech remote. To use it though,don't you have to have line of sight in front of the camera?
    It is supposed to be better than near field, but I haven't tried getting very far away yet, or around corners &c.
    BrianC a.k.a. cougarox
    Constructive criticism welcome

    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

    Current gear: Sony a6000, SEL55210, Fotodiox MD-NEX adapter; Garmin GPSMap 64S
    Old glass in use:
    Minolta MD 28/2.8, Rokkor-X 35-70/3.5, Rokkor-X 50/1.4, Rokkor-X 135/2.8, MD 100-200/5.6
    Vivitar 17/3.5, Series 1 90/2.5 macro

  8. #8
    There was another thread on this subject a couple of months ago:

    http://sonyalphalab.com/forums/showt...lease-Question

  9. #9
    Thanks,

    Do you know if the A6000 has a rear IR sensor? I only see the one in the front.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Obelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Posts
    1,539
    No IR sensor on the back of the camera, only one in the grip facing forward

  11. #11
    That's what I thought thanks very much for the reply.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jasham View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good wired or wireless shutter release cable for my A6000?
    For wired version, I use Sony Remote Commander RM-VPR1.
    For wireless version, I use Sony Remote Commander RMT-DSLR2 on my A7R or A7 II.

    I use the inferred RMT-DSLR2 more than the wired version, and I don't use the Smart Remote Control app (together with PlayMemories Mobile app on iPhone/Android) often.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

  13. #13
    Antony,

    Many thanks for the very helpful reply.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •