Thread: small annoyances

small annoyances

I don't know if these "features" are specific to the a6000, or perhaps to more model lines, but thought perhaps some of you might have discovered workarounds /cobbled together solutions. Both are primarily associated with hiking about with the camera on a strap.

a) The tacky little eye cup keeps getting knocked off. It is currently AWOL. I love the eye cup I have for my old Minolta bodies -- it screwed on and entirely enveloped my eye in darkness. I wish I could figure out a way to attach it to my a6000. *sigh. I hesitate to order yet another altogether too expensive eye cup if it is just going to fling itself off into the dirt at the first opportunity.

b) The power switch keeps turning itself on/off, resulting in many blank (true B&W!) frames, and draining the battery post haste. I've learned to take extra batteries, but what a PITA

Ideas?

---
    This probably should have gone in the Q&A section, but I can't seem to move it there now...
    Last edited by BrianC; Mar 1 2015 at 08:28 PM.
    BrianC a.k.a. cougarox
    Constructive criticism welcome

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Current gear: Sony a6000, SEL55210, Fotodiox MD-NEX adapter; Garmin GPSMap 64S
    Old glass in use:
    Minolta MD 28/2.8, Rokkor-X 35-70/3.5, Rokkor-X 50/1.4, Rokkor-X 135/2.8, MD 100-200/5.6
    Vivitar 17/3.5, Series 1 90/2.5 macro