Thread: Sony RX100 M3 - Shots from the winning camera

Sony RX100 M3 - Shots from the winning camera

Hey guys! It's been a little while since I received my camera but I haven't had much time to fully test it out. However, I still wanted to share with you guys some of the quick shots that I have taken around my office etc. As some of you might know from following me on G+ that I absolutely love black and white shots so most of these are going to be monochrome. I am planning on sharing more soon of maybe the sunrise at the beach or some other location so you can see the quality of color that this powerful little camera can produce. One thing that I was impressed with was how well this camera performed in low light situations. It is also incredibly fast at focusing and taking the shot. I can actually see myself using this camera as my dedicated street photography camera.

Some of these shots aren't at full resolution since I just recently figured how to use import full res photos to my iPhone and iPad using the Play Memories app. I discovered that if you shoot exclusively in RAW it only imports the small image that is generated on the screen on the camera.

Name:  15 - 1 (1).jpg
Views: 952
Size:  159.2 KBName:  15 - 1 (3).jpg
Views: 465
Size:  156.2 KBName:  15 - 1 (4).jpg
Views: 555
Size:  194.9 KBName:  15 - 1 (5).jpg
Views: 450
Size:  356.5 KBName:  15 - 1 (6).jpg
Views: 430
Size:  162.0 KBName:  15 - 1.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  218.2 KB

I just snapped some more shots from behind my condo. The sunrise wasn't spectacular but it gave me a chance to use the illustration setting as well as the auto HDR setting.

Name:  BWLandscape.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  340.1 KBName:  illustration_landscape.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  210.9 KBName:  autoHDR.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  377.5 KB
    Last edited by WillHucks; Feb 27 2015 at 09:41 AM.

This is one more shot that I took this morning. This is straight out of the camera with no edits at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the same shot as before except it has now been processed using apps on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing well and excellent photos for sure! The BW's are very rich in contrast and composition

The processing on that last image is amazing. Adding the sun in post and it looks like a live shot to me! Great job!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what this can do in your hands Will, so thanks again for taking the time to share a few with us.

Catch up with you later,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Really nice Will. I have often thought of getting the RX100mk3, but every time I think about the costs I also think about another lens I want. Heh. But it really produces for such a small package. Thanks for sharing.
    Everyday Camera: Sony A7; 55mm f/1.8
    I am not interested in shooting new things I am interested to see things new. -Ernst Haas

Blog Entries
    Details in the wood came out quite beautifully. Hope to see more beautiful shots!

Can't fit an A7 in your back pocket with a lens attached ; )
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

Thanks guys! I have been very impressed with this little camera. It's like having a very powerful full featured camera in my pocket. It's nice having the option of carrying such a camera with me at all times. I highly recommend this camera.

Thanks for sharing Will and I hope the camera is holding up ok for you

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

This little GEM has been my goto camera. I love it.
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.