Thread: Sony's Goals for 2018?? Faster, Sensitivity, and Resolution!!

Exclamation Sony's Goals for 2018?? Faster, Sensitivity, and Resolution!!

Well, Sony has announced their future goals and SonyAlphaRumors is all over it as you can see below!

Sony launched a revised plan for 2015-2018. And in very short Sony will cut the TV and smartphone lineup and make only profitable high end stuff. At the same time Sony sees growth in Playstation and Image Sensor Business. They also published their plan for the Digital Camera business. You can donwload it as pdf here: sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/info/irday2014electronics/IPandS_E.pdf.
    And it clearly stands out how Sony is committed to bring the whole Alpha system to a new level. The first slide on top shows they want to stand out from the competition by going for ultimate sensitivity, ultimate resolution and ultimate speed in 2015.
    Their goal is to exceed the limits of human eye:

Really good news and I am very happy to see this report!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

The expect that the A mount line of DSLRs will have stronger sales than E mount until 2018. USA has the smallest rate of increase in mirrorless sales vs most other major countries. That should mean more great news for our A mount brethren though, live up those A77 and A99's! They're here to stay for a long while.
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

I was surprised by the a-mount info myself. The A77II came out fairly recently and I think a New A99 is coming soon per the rumors i heard. 46mp or 50mp possible

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens