Thread: Sony A6000 Panorma Problems

Sony A6000 Panorma Problems

Panorama just doesn't work. You are going too fast. You are going too slow. Hey, I'm going at a constant speed on a tripod, or hand held. I contacted Sony. It must be operator error. No. No. I've had 14 digital SLR's and point and shoot. No problems wth any of them. How do we get Sony to fix this problem and put out an update.

Hi Doctor and welcome to the forums! Yes, the Panorama can take a little getting used to for good results. Your supposed to do it hand held according to Sony. So you have other Sony cameras with Auto Pano that work fine?

It takes me a few tries to get a good result almost every time! I just took a Pano today with the RX100M3 and the first two sucked. Third and fourth came out great though once I got the time and distances down.

Perhaps the old school way is a better option for you? You can also try changing the size and direction which may help you out.

Sorry for your issue and I hope this helps a little?

Best,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

No, I have cameras from other makes that work fine.This was my first Sony. I was using a Tamron 18-200 e-mount lens, but it was zoomed to wide, 18 (or 24) mm. I have used Google to search about this problem and many, many other A6000 owners are complaining about it. I have tried both on tripod and off tripod. I believe that tihere is something wrong with the software processing on this camera. I would love to hear from other A6000 owners.

Welcome to the forum!
    I don't think I used panorama mode on my A6000, it worked fine on NEX-6.
    I will test it later today.

It worked for me, not every time but I would say on par with NEX-6 and A57

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    No, I have cameras from other makes that work fine.This was my first Sony. I was using a Tamron 18-200 e-mount lens, but it was zoomed to wide, 18 (or 24) mm. I have used Google to search about this problem and many, many other A6000 owners are complaining about it. I have tried both on tripod and off tripod. I believe that tihere is something wrong with the software processing on this camera. I would love to hear from other A6000 owners.
    Than Tamron lens is known for s crewing up Panos! I have read that in the past. Have you tried another lens?

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    It worked for me, not every time but I would say on par with NEX-6 and A57
    Thanks for testing bud

Jay

I'm new so will intro myself a bit. A old guy who has been taking pictures for 60 years or more. Been a dedicated DSLR fan for years, but decided to give light weight mirrorless a try. Bought a6000 a few days ago and am highly impressed. The manual isn't very extensive, so I have some questions. I'll probably make multiple bites at this apple.

Q1. Looking through my electronic viewfinder I see an annoying, to me, green frame which circles about 2/3 of the full frame. I can't find ref to it in the rather skimpy manual, or the camera based info features. What is it and how do I get rid of it? I suspect it may be related somehow to movies, which I do not currently envision.
    Last edited by jimep; Dec 3 2014 at 01:13 PM. Reason: error

I would suggest that you get the book by Friedman on Amazon. It is 650 pages and will explain much more than you would have thought possible. This camera has many under posted abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jimep View Post
    Q1. Looking through my electronic viewfinder I see an annoying, to me, green frame which circles about 2/3 of the full frame. I can't find ref to it in the rather skimpy manual, or the camera based info features. What is it and how do I get rid of it? I suspect it may be related somehow to movies, which I do not currently envision.
    Could be tracking box, I don't remember where it is inthe menu, turn it off and see if that changes anything.

`

Quick version of excellent answer just above ....

Well even if you can't wade into the menus, just
    turn off the AF and see if it goes away. If it does,
    then apparently it must be the AF tracking area.

My panorama problem was resolved when I put in a faster SD card. The Eye-Fi obviously could not handle the data inflow. Also, I swithced to .jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by _GBDZ View Post
    My panorama problem was resolved when I put in a faster SD card. The Eye-Fi obviously could not handle the data inflow. Also, I swithced to .jpg.
    Ditto
    My older 8gb sd card would not handle it, my newer 16gb high write speed did just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jimep View Post
    I'm new so will intro myself a bit. A old guy who has been taking pictures for 60 years or more. Been a dedicated DSLR fan for years, but decided to give light weight mirrorless a try. Bought a6000 a few days ago and am highly impressed. The manual isn't very extensive, so I have some questions. I'll probably make multiple bites at this apple.

Not sure but might try
    In the Menu make sure image aspect ratio is set to 3:2
    also in menu make sure auto object framing is off.
    If using jpeg only make sure digital zoom is off.
    Make sure you have not got AF area set to wide. The green box may indicate your set focus area (AF) and or metering (AE) area

Possible causes of your green box

EDIT:With auto focus lenses i use flexible spot focus which results in a little green box that i can move to where i want the focus to be. With manual lenses i use manual focus assist peaking.
    Last edited by OldNoob; Jun 2 2015 at 09:49 PM.