Thread: New Full Frame E-Mount Cameras Coming Soon??

Question New Full Frame E-Mount Cameras Coming Soon??

I was not expecting new full frame e-mount cameras to come so soon, but according to SonyAlphaRumors and a interview by dpreview com!!

DPReview Live 2014: Interview Sony's Kenta Honjo

Courtesy of SonyAlphaRumors:

Sony manager Kenta Honjo says new Full Frame E-mount cameras are coming very soon!

Mr. Kenta from Sony has been interviewed by Dpreview and he spilled out some info particularly about the next generation E-mount FF:
    1) We will try to get A6000 AF performance on the next generation FF E-mount cameras
    2) New generation of Full Frame E-mount cameras is coming very soon.
    3) we are aiming sport and pro photographers with the next generation(s) of FF E-mount
    4) We are seeing the transition from DSLR to Mirrorless happening. DSLR will remain in a very high end niche.
    5) The Telephoto prime lens (300mm) is something we get asked to make from our users
    6) We don’t know if A and E-mount will merge one day. For now we keep developing booth.
    7) The number one key tech to acquire customers is develop autofocusing
    8) Next generation FF E-mount cameras will get more customizability
    These specs sound pretty amazing to me and just what I want to hear in part. I still want a better refined body/ ergonomics which Sony is absolutely capable of! I also want noticeable better than A6000 High ISO performance, but clearly not as killer as the A7s or else the resolution would be to low for the mases. What do you guys think?

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

I am not surprised by this announcement/rumor, only thing missing from A7’s line-up is A7P (performance)
    This is what I’m expecting; 24MP sensor, A600 AF speed or better, 90+% phase detection AF coverage, 10/12 shots per second, 35+ RAW files buffer and 2 card slots.

I would love to see 300mm f4 prime lens

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    I am not surprised by this announcement/rumor, only thing missing from A7’s line-up is A7P (performance)
    This is what I’m expecting; 24MP sensor, A600 AF speed or better, 90+% phase detection AF coverage, 10/12 shots per second, 35+ RAW files buffer and 2 card slots.

I would love to see 300mm f4 prime lens
    You think it will be a new body or the same one due to so-called soon re-lease?

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Same one, much cheaper this way. Basically you have A7 with new software and few chips.

And some pretty pissed off A7 owners, no?

Jay

Yes, but they shouldn't be. They still have same great cameras

You're always going to piss off existing owners if you're moving forward in cameras.
    I was well and truly pissed when Canon brought out the 5DII so soon after the 1DsIII, but then spent a long time telling them they needed to get on with the 1DsIV..

An a7000 wish list -
    Full frame.
    36mp.
    Dual card slots (very important to me)
    Every thing that opens and shuts.
    A free set of steak knives.

If that happens I'm a Sony fan boy epic.

Thanks for the news.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.