Poll: How important is the ability to record native 4K video on your next camera purchase?

Thread: How important is the ability to record native 4K video on your next camera purchase?

Question How important is the ability to record native 4K video on your next camera purchase?

So I was wondering, How important is the ability to record native 4K video on your next camera purchase?

How important is the ability to record native 4K video on your next camera purchase?

Thanks,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

It would depend on how bad 1080p looks on an 4k display for me. If it looks as good as 720p in a 1080p, I would't mind waiting 2-3 more years for it.

Thanks for the comments and that makes sense. I was in Best Buy the other day and they had a curved 4k TV that looked so incredible, it made the other TV's look like garbage!

No reason to get it or need it until I have a 4k TV at the very least I'm thinking. The higher quality video codecs are always welcomed though

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

It would definitely be convenient. As long as the codec is up to the task. If I have to wait another generation for that to be feasible than I am willing to wait.

I'm not a videographer but I know some basics to composing videos on Adobe Aftereffects and Sony Vegas. The only video important to me goes on Youtube or Facebook. YT only really needs 1080p. I can't imagine the render time of a 4k video ... The ability to have built in 4k recording is very nice though. Panasonic has it... we could get up to stuff soon enough. Sony A7sII is the next camera I plan on purchasing though. : )
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

I don't think 4k will be as mainstream as 1080p until a few more gears, but recording in 4k to output in 1080p really gives you advantage to some cool cropping an ken burn effects. I just bought an a5000 to get some b roll but now I'm really considering 4k for my next camera.

I haven't got a 4K Ultra HD TV or 4K-capable computer monitor yet. My Sony Bravia TV is not even 3D capable.
    TV station is not broadcasting in 4K, and I haven't spotted many 4K media players apart from PlayStation 4.

When the time comes, I will follow the trend of course. I would prefer to get a 4K or 5K Retina Thunderbolt Display first, then a 4K TV, a 4K media player. A 4K capable camera (or camcorder) would be last in my list. I just don't see this could happen in 2015 or 2016.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

I use iMovie to make my videos. I make them for my students and sometimes help my kids with their school projects. That's about it. So my final destination is YouTube. I am happy with my cell phone's video for that matter. So I'd prefer not to have 4K recording as an option if it adds to the costs.
    Everyday Camera: Sony A7; 55mm f/1.8
    “I am not interested in shooting new things – I am interested to see things new.” -Ernst Haas