• As Suspected, Sony RX20 likely to Come Soon!! 4k, S-Log2, Same Sensor and Lens!

Several of us on the forum have been speculating about the Sony RX20, or whatever the RX10 replacement is called. Well, SonyAlphaRumors just got a line of some specs that are a pretty decent rumor rating of SR3. SR5 being a sure thing, so it may change or not get re-leased based on other market influences I have noticed over the years. Note the recent RX10 Firmware Update (Click Here) that came out adding S-Log2 for the video codec and Sony lowered the price to compete with impressive Panasonic FZ1000.

I just photoshoped the RX10 really fast for fun

Courtesy of SonyAlphaRumors:

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX20, mid Oct 2014, Same Sensor (20,1 MP, 1″), Same lens (24-200 F2.8), little ergonomical upgrade, 4K video Recording, XAVC-S Codec just like at AX100, 1080p frame rates remains the same, but at 720p @ 120fps will be possibile. S-LOG2 will not be available. Price 1300 USD/1050 GBP, Predecessor remains in the market, with a 100-200 USD price drop.
    I think this sucks and should atleast have a differnt lens or updated sensor. Especially considering the competitions current specs?? I'm not sure if this will come out with just the 4k and better codec. I really think more is required to justify that price, but then again, 4k is really impressive and super high resolution. The processor may need to be upgraded possible to handle the 4k, or internal buffer etc...

Thoughts?

Jay
    This article was originally published in forum thread: As Suspected, Sony RX20 likely to Come Soon!! 4k, S-Log2, Same Sensor and Lens! started by Jay View original post