• New Video Forum...

Hi everybody and you may have noticed I added a dedicated Sony video camera forum that is for video cameras like the NEW FDR-AXP35, AX1, AX100, HDR-PJ540, HDR-MV1, FDR-X1000V, etc... Sony Handycams/ Camcorders, and Action cameras are what I'm talking about. I think I will add the interchangeable lens video cameras as well soon...

I'm doing this because I love to learn and these cameras offer a lot more for dedicated video than the photography cameras do. The video cameras have been calling me for a while, but now I really want to play with them for some reason more than ever. So, I will eventually get one and review it at some point. I really want to to start recording the kids with better results, and for me using the full frame cameras requires so much equipment it's just not practical in the real world. I want ease of use and good results. A turn key solution to Layla's next dance recital or whatever It's really fun watching the older videos of Layla I took with the Sony gear, and now Jase is getting to the age where it's all that fun stuff I want to capture. Perhaps using actual video cameras this time will result in some killer footage? Not sure, but time will tell.

Having a dedicated area foe reviews and and discussion of fixed lens video cameras is a good thing for me, because I will learn much faster that way as I add information. Please ignore if you have no interest in video cameras, but I wanted to keep you all up to date as to why and so fourth. The video cameras that have interchangeable lenses I'm not sure what to do with just yet. Perhaps I will add another area for those cameras as well...

A friend of mine at work was looking for a camera to film his kids and that got me looking into the video cameras in more detail than I normally do. It made me realize why they are so much better than the regular cameras for video. Not in all ways, but overall they are much better in a lot of ways. He ended up settling on a used Sony HDR-PJ440 unit, which is not what I would have gotten, but works for him. I learned a few things about the amazing built-in projector, sensors, battery life, and technology that really perked up my own curiosity sensor

I love the photography gear as well, and will continue to review that as #1 priority. So, perhaps one piece of Photography gear and a video camera. This will allow me to film and review the photography gear item with real "video camera's" and learn with hands-on experience. I prefer to learn this way and don't want to review anything until I feel confident I know what I'm talking about. This will also potentially speed up the work flow over time as I learn more.

A lot of information and thoughts here, so please take it all as some possible future endeavorers for now.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and please feel free to comment if you like one way or another as always...

Jay
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New Video Forum... started by Jay View original post