• LIMS Half Case - A6000 My First Impression...

Received the LIMS half case today - On Ebay ~$58.00 US (Click Here)

Came in general brown cardboard box
    Shipped from Seoul, Korea.

Inside, the actual product's box was completely wrapped in bubble wrap and securely taped sealed.
    The half case packaging is ok...nothing to write home about.
    Made of thin black cardboard with manufacturer's logo on top lid, smaller logos on left & right sides...back contains label with specs & items barcode.
    Bottom right hand corner is label indication what color and which model it is for...this case the Sony A6000 in Black.

Opening the exterior packaging, inside was the half case contained in a beige drawstring pouch with logo.
    The pouch is very thin and doesn't really provide any kind of protection...maybe from mild scratches.

First impressions are very good.

As described, it is genuine natural leather with white border stitching and a sort of cross weave pattern...very nice looking.
    The inside of the case is embossed with the logo design and is made of some soft felt, so no worries about scratching the camera.

The base is made of 6061 Aluminum with a flat grey finish.
    There is an opening for the battery & SD card for easy access.
    The bottom has been machined out for probably weight reduction.
    In the center is the a screw that fits into the tripod mount on the camera...this is how the case is attached.
    Using either a coin or flat head screwdriver.
    Right above the screw is a threaded tripod mount to attach either a tripod plate or for me my Carry Speed sling strap ball-head.

Fit and finish is very good, but not perfect.
    There is a bit of gap where it wraps around the grip...maybe with extended use it will mold into shape.

The feel of the case does provide a overall better grip, but it's going to take a bit of time for me to get used to it.
    Due to the leather, I'm uncertain how much "grip" it will provide if your hand gets moist from sweat or rain/snow.
    This I will have to see.

Here is a few pics of the half case

by dragioniii, on Flickr

by dragioniii, on Flickr

by dragioniii, on Flickr

by dragioniii, on Flickr

by dragioniii, on Flickr

by dragioniii, on Flickr

by dragioniii, on Flickr

These shots were taken with my Sony Xperia Z1S...

LIMS half case by dragioniii, on Flickr

Please comment...thoughts/advice/feedback?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LIMS-LE-HCA6000BK-Genuine-Leather-Camera-Half-Case-Black-for-Sony-A6000 LIMS-LE-HC started by dragion View original post