Fast Prime Recommendation
I can't recommend the Sony 50/1.4
enough. I'm in the process of writing a user experience bit on that lens (similar to what I did with the Samyang 85/1.4 over at the main site) at the moment - won't be more than a few days coming, hopefully. For proper 50mm lenses there's heaps to look at from the cheaper Sony 50/1.8
and the forthcoming Sony 50/1.4CZ lens.
If you're seeking a traditional 35mm type prime lens experience for your APS-C lenses, take a look at the fast ones around 30mm. A few to consider are:
- Sony 35f/1.8 DT
- Sigma 30/1.4 EX DC AF (I have this one, brilliant lens on the A77)
- Sigma 28/1.8 EX Asph DG DF Macro
- Samyang 35/1.4 US UMC Asph (manual)
- Sigma 35/1.4 DG HSM A1 (brand new, not many reviews out there)
- Sony 35/1.4G (big bucks, great lens)
Any of these will give you the classic 35mm look on your APS-C cameras. If you want a longer lens for the tele-effect in portraits, the 50mm lenses will convert to 75mm on your A77 & the wife's A580, and you'll have a similar range to choose from in that length.
Hoping this helps