The SonyAlphaLab Forums officially had our first Photography Contest “Color”, and it was a huge sucess with tons of killer photos!! With several new members joining to participate we have over 4 pages of goodness. SAL Photography Contest #1 – Color (Click Here)
I was not sure what to expect with the first contest honestly, but I did know we had some talented photogs on the forum for sure! It was really hard to pick a winner with so many good entires, but I used the creativity card along with the theme “color” to come up with the best entry in my humble opinion 😉
The Winner was the user Viewfinder (Ray Geary), with the amazing “LightBulb” photo that really popped with color and creativity! Ray’s amazing Flickr photostream can be seen (Click Here)
Ray also entered two other amazing photos in the contest you really need to check out this way >>
I had to pick the winner myself and this was brutal, because look at some of these killer runner up entries!
My friend Sean Lancaster (His Website) is one of the most humble and brilliant photographers you will ever meet. He wrote a few excellent articles a while back on this very website! (click here), Sean has so many amazing photos that I have seen over the past few years we have been in contact. With that being said, look at one of his photos he entered into the contest below:
Another runner up was from Micke66 (Portfolio Website here), and he is a new member to the forum, but a longtime friend from Google+. Mikael shoots currently with the full frame Sony A7 and a huge variety of old school lenses, plus a few newer native lenses as well. Check out this entry from the contest that I really thought was awesome!
Another top choice from the contest entries was courtesy of Cinjith, via the 70-210 Minolta lens in Macro mode 😉
We also started the first photography Challenge and it’s the classic; “50mm” Challenge. It’s going incredible well so far and folks are sharing photos daily including myself, with explanation so we can all learn!
Next Forum Photography Contest?
So I’ve been contemplating on what to do for the next SonyAlphaLab – Forums Photography Contest and so far we have a few great ideas. Food Photography, Depth of Field, Light, Water, Spooky, Holiday, etc….. I still need to iron out all the details, so stay tuned for the new Photography Contest soon….
Sony News, Deals, and Much More…
You can always keep tabs on the day to day Sony News, Rumors, and Photography Deals by checking out the Whats Hot?? area on the forums (Click Here). That area is just for promoted forum posts, so I try and keep it fresh with awesome content daily!!
- $200 off Full Frame Sony A7 Series Cameras and More >>
- Save up to $200 on Select Sony E-Mount and A-Mount Lenses >>
- Tamron A-Mount Lens Instant Rebate – Up to $100 Off >>
- Save $125 on a Refurbished Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8 Sonnar T* Lens >>
- Charge Your Camera Anywhere – Portable USB Power Packs for Cheap >>
- Best Selling Compact Camera Lenses On Amazon – Sony Vs Panasonic >>
- New E-mount Lens RoadMap for 2015 >>
- Image Size and Cropping – A7 vs A7r?? >>
- A new high quality Sony A7r Review >>
- Adobe Camera Raw Update w/ More Sony Support >>
- Capture One Express for Sony – FREE – Awesome Deal and Program >>
- Photoshop Elements and Premier 13 Now Available >>
- New Playmemories Apps – Star trials and More… >>
- Krita – Free Photoshop Like Software >>
Sample Photos – 135mm f/1.8 Sonnar T* ZA Lens
I received the new gear about two weeks ago or so and have taken quite a few sample photos so far! Check out the links to the individual forum posts showing off what the killer Zeiss lens can do in the real world 😉
- A Leaf – Nex-6 w/ 135mm f/1.8 Zeiss Lens
- Depth of Field Video – Sony A-Mount 135mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss T* Lens – SAL135F18Z
- The Bench
- Blue Angles Plane – Randoms – Zeiss 135mm f/1.8 lens w/ A7r and LAEA4 Lens adapter
- Abandoned Fire Trucks >>
- Lab Test Photo >>
- Chubs >>
Thant is about it for now, but the full 135mm Zeiss lens review will be coming out soon and I will be on the forum daily of course…. Forum Registration Here >>
Honestly not sure what gear I will review next, but the new fast Zeiss Loxia e-mount prime lenses should be in stock fairly soon.
Thanks again for checking in and have a great day,
Your support is greatly appreciated as we run this site in our spare time and are not paid. We can however, make a small commission if you click a product link that your interested in. That click will then give us credit if you choose to purchase any given item. This has no effect on the cost of the product, and is a simple way to give back to SonyAlphaLab.com for the effort and info we provide.
Support SonyAlphaLab by becoming a | Patreon
Direct Shopping Links – Thanks for your Support!!