First off I wanted to say thank you for participating in the polls I’ve put up over the past few weeks. I’ve gotten some very good and valuable feedback regarding your interests, what you want to see in the future, and some feedback for me as far as the website goes. Below are all the results and if you don’t see any results, just simple click the button below the poll or vote.If you have suggestions for a poll or just in general, please feel free to comment below or shoot me an email vial the contact form page
I hope to get more feedback from you guys so I can really hone in on having the best content on the web. Your votes will certainly get me their faster so if you have a minute please vote! Also, if you want to get more news, info, and share pics and stuff, head over to Google +>>!!
Again, if you don’t see the results, simple vote if you have not, or click the view results link!
How is My Site Doing?
- Excellent (42%, 43 Votes)
- Pretty Good (21%, 21 Votes)
- Not Bad (20%, 20 Votes)
- Average (12%, 12 Votes)
- Best on the web (6%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 102
I would like to see more
- Lens Reviews (44%, 42 Votes)
- Tutorials (17%, 16 Votes)
- Camera Reviews – Sony Competition as all sony stuff will be reviewed (14%, 13 Votes)
- News Stories and Analysis (10%, 10 Votes)
- Photography – Show and Tell (7%, 7 Votes)
- Camera Accessory Reviews (5%, 5 Votes)
- Software Reviews (3%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 96
What Camera Type are you Most interested In??
- DSLR Style Cameras Including SLT’s (A77) (54%, 57 Votes)
- Mirrorless Style Cameras – Sony Nex (51%, 54 Votes)
- High End Point and Shoot Style Cameras (2%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 105
What other manufactures besides Sony would you like me to review?
- None – Stick with just Sony stuff Jay (48%, 48 Votes)
- Tamron (21%, 21 Votes)
- Fujifilm (18%, 18 Votes)
- Sigma (18%, 18 Votes)
- Canon (10%, 10 Votes)
- Nikon (9%, 9 Votes)
- Panasonic (5%, 5 Votes)
- Olympus (5%, 5 Votes)
- Samsung (2%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 100
What Retailers Do You Buy From?
- Amazon (57%, 46 Votes)
- BHPhotoVideo.com – #1 Recommended by Me (51%, 41 Votes)
- Ebay (21%, 17 Votes)
- Adorama (20%, 16 Votes)
- J&R (2%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 81
What type of Tutorials are you intersted in??
- Post Processing – Lightroom, Photoshop, HDR, etc) (51%, 47 Votes)
- None – Just focus on Reviews Jay! (24%, 22 Votes)
- Photography Basics (20%, 19 Votes)
- Studio Photography (17%, 16 Votes)
- Theory/ History of Photography (9%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 93
Would you spend $400 on a Nex Lens adapter?
- No (40%, 55 Votes)
- Maybe if they come out with AF support (29%, 41 Votes)
- Yes, if it has electronic aperture and IS support (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes (15%, 21 Votes)
Total Voters: 139
Interesting results on this !
Do you plan on using HDR Photography with your Sony Nex camera??
- Yes (79%, 154 Votes)
- maybe (13%, 25 Votes)
- No (9%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 196
Clearly you all are HDR Fans!!
Is the Nex-7 for you??
- Oh Yeah!! (77%, 216 Votes)
- Nah, not enough lens choices (9%, 26 Votes)
- Nahh, to many Mega-pixels (9%, 25 Votes)
- Nah, to small for my hands. I like DSLR style cameras better (5%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 281
Your thoughts on the E-Mount 24mm Carl Zeiss Sonnar Lens??
- Very nice, considering investing (34%, 89 Votes)
- Incredible!! Must Have!! (33%, 88 Votes)
- It’s just to expensive for a f/1.8 prime. Perhaps if it were faster (21%, 55 Votes)
- Not as good as I was expecting for the $$ (7%, 19 Votes)
- I think I’ll wait for more Sigma lenses to be re-leased (7%, 19 Votes)
- Not for me, I’m using Legacy glass with adapters (5%, 13 Votes)
Total Voters: 264
I’m in the it’s a bit pricey for a 1.8 prime club, but it is very nice!
What would you prefer I review next, after I finish with the Sony Nex-7??? Currently in a holding pattern waiting for new Sony Cameras to come out.
- How about a Fuji (32%, 64 Votes)
- Get the Nex-5n back and test more E-Mount lenses (27%, 54 Votes)
- How about a In Depth Video Tutorial on deveoping Sony Raw files in Adobe Lightroom? (21%, 42 Votes)
- How about that new Olympus Mirroless (15%, 30 Votes)
- How about reviewing some High Quality accessories like a tri-pod or something (11%, 22 Votes)
- Get the A77 or A580 back and test more Alpha Lenses (10%, 20 Votes)
- How about that new Samsung Mirroless (5%, 10 Votes)
- Work on the Website and make it better!! (2%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 197
Well, I have the Fuji X-pro 1 and a few lenses on order and I’m uploading a Lightroom Tutorial video as I type this. It’s a really good video about 25 minutes long: How-To: Develop Sony Raw files – Part 1 of many..
I also thought about the Olympus OM-D E-M5, but it doesn’t look like you all are interested in Olympus?
Thanks again for your help and participation and have a great week!
Your support is greatly appreciated as we run this site in our spare time and are not paid. We can however, make a small commission if you click a product link that your interested in. That click will then give us credit if you choose to purchase any given item. This has no effect on the cost of the product, and is a simple way to give back to SonyAlphaLab.com for the effort and info we provide.